Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mom's Yummy Breadsticks

This Recipe is from my mother. we always made these when she made Vegetable beef soup. and I know there were other times we made them I just cant think of it right now.

1 1/2 cup warm water
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Yeast

Dissolve 1 T sugar and yeast in warm water.

4 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup sugar

Add flour, salt and 1/2 cup sugar mix well, let rest 15 minutes.
Divide in to 18 sticks and bake, brush on melted butter
sprinkle with Parmasean cheese or pretzel salt if desired.
Oven temp 375

Bake time 9 min.

Tonight I made braided breadsitcks and then some rolls just to try it out and see how it works.

3 comments:

  1. Post the cheese bread from the other night include how to make really big like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh holy Hannah my grammer was nuts there. Sorry. I asked her to post how to make the cheese sticks that she made the other night. And how to also make them really large and fluffy as that was oh so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesson#1 I need a louder timer, when my minimal hearing is fighting with Blues clues, a 2 year old, a washer, running water, and rain I almost burn the breadsticks!!

    ReplyDelete